Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Is Gun Ownership a Right?


Is Gun Ownership a Right?
PragerU
Published on Feb 27, 2017
What does the Second Amendment say? Is gun ownership a right for all Americans? Or just for a small militia? Eugene Volokh, Professor of Law at UCLA, explains what the Founding Fathers intended.

Petition to Congress
WHEREAS, my fundamental, individual Second Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms is essential to my personal freedom and security as a citizen of the United States; and
WHEREAS, bills already introduced in Congress would BAN semi-automatic firearms, impose massive taxes on the purchase of guns and ammo, and institute national gun-owner licensing and registration schemes; and
WHEREAS, these proposed laws would do NOTHING to prevent crime and would only take away the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens;
THEREFORE, as an American dedicated to the U.S. Constitution, and as an NRA-ILA supporter, I will work to DEFEAT any politician who threatens to restrict my right to own, carry, and use firearms in defense of my life and those I love.

No comments: