Tuesday, September 22, 2009

WALNUT: The conservative answer to ACORN

WALNUT: The conservative answer to ACORN


By Amy L. Geiger-Hemmer





While looking through a few pictures a friend (thanks, Gail!) sent me from the recent patriotic, anti-big government, anti-tax march on September 12, 2009 in Washington, D.C., I came across the following photo:
My curiosity peaked. I contacted the group directly and they said I could re-print anything I wished from their website: http://freedomnuts.org

Here's just a small sampling:
WALNUT is billed as "the conservative answer to ACORN."
WALNUT stands for "WORKERS AGAINST LAZY NON-PRODUCERS UNITED TOGETHER
Their motto: "We aren't organizing a community, we're organizing a country."
Walnut is made up of conservative, working-class Americans across the country. The working members of Walnut address issues of taxation without representation, the over-taxing of the working class for the purpose of wealth redistribution, and the pursuit of the FAIR tax. In addition, the group wants to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights upon which our great country was founded.

One of the quotes found on the WALNUT/freedomnuts website is:
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
and this, which is a hoot: "Show ACORN they are not the only nuts in town!"

I say kudos to this group! Besides having a great sense of humor, they are taking on ACORN and big government! Since I am a blogger, I wanted to help WALNUT get its message out. Thanks, WALNUT, for granting me permission to write a small blurb about your organization! Remember, their website is: http://freedomnuts.org

No comments: